a.k.a How I learned to use a Soldering Iron
I got my first ever sex toy for my 20th birthday a gift from X. It was a rabbit style vibrator with the rotating shaft filled with little pearl like beads and a really high powered clit tickler, but it looked more like a dolphin that today’s rabbit ear ticklers. It was along time ago, back in 99 and this gift just happened to co-incide with getting my first computer with Internet access. Between my new best friend and a wealth of pornography just a few mouse clicks away I no longer whinged at X for working late.
My first vibrator and I discovered cyber sex together, however as it had a cord to the hand held controller, it was hard to play, control and type at the same time was kinda difficult. Somehow I managed. I think I used that vibrator nearly every single day for well over a year. Looking back, remembering that vibrator I realise it was probably made of some rather ‘un safe materials’ You could see through the pinkish purple jelly like exterior and see its inner workings.
After one very excited play session I came to realise that the clit tickler was no longer working. I had used it so vigorously that one of the wires going from the base into the tickler had broken. I was heart broken, I’ve always been a clit girl rather than a g-spot girl, so although it still worked as a vibrator my favourite part of my toy was dead.
I could see through the jellyfish like sleeve and stare begrudgingly at the little wire that was the cause of my frustration. The tickler had its own little motor which was one of the great things about that toys design. It created really great, strong, localised vibrations in the tickler, but I guess being great at its job was its downfall. The wires from the clit tickler motor to the base weren’t overly long – that is when I got a bit excited, and a bit vigorous with its use, the wires weren’t long enough to stretch as far as the jelly casing could.
After a short period of mourning I started to get over it, until X bought a soldering iron. Hmm I was thinking how I might just be able to fix my little best friend. I guess in hindsight I could’ve contacted the store it was bought from or even the manufacturer, but at that point in my life I would’ve died of embarrassment if I were to make such a call. ->Which is what I would advise people to do. Fiddling with electrical wires and such should be left to people who are qualified to do so. I could’ve easily turned my toy into an electro-shock wand and fried my clit
So with the new soldering iron in the house I started to wonder if it could repair that naughty little, not long enough wire and revive the clit tickler. Upon further investigation I realised that the jellyfish like sleeve could be rolled upwards from the base, possibly giving me access to the wire that was causing my grief.
I found that with a bit of force the sleeve could in fact be rolled up- a little like removing a condom, allowing me to access that pesky wire.
I didn’t however take into consideration all the little pearl like beads that lived within the shaft of the toy… So when I rolled up the outer sleeve they all poured out onto the ground. Half an hour later I’d picked up all the little balls and put them in a bowl for safe keeping. I then found soldering the wire back to its original position ridiculously easy.
Packing the pearls packed back into the rotating shaft however was a whole other story!
Over the next year or so that same wire broke so many times it wasn’t funny, so much so that that particular toy got relegated to the back of the cupboard where it eventually died.
If only I could repair its replacement, the batteries went crazy and oozed everywhere. In future I’ll stick to re-chargeable electric toys, or at least learn to remove the batteries before storing them.
P.S [EDIT June 12th 2010] Since Making the Original Post I have found this page regarding the Repair of Vibrators
And although it isn’t going to help you with repairing your busted up broken sex toys I found this Post about ‘the life of a Sex Doll Repairman‘ to be quite interesting.
If you have a toy repair/ malfunction story – please do share