2012 New Year Edition
Want to take part in the first TMI Tuesday ofthe New Year? check out the TMI Tuesday blog
1. Finish this sentence: In the New Year _________ .
In the new year I want to get my car back and regain my independence. Being reliant on my ex for anything is really holding me back.
2. Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? If yes, what are they for 2012?
I often do make New Years resolutions and this year my biggest resolution is to find happiness & personal fulfillment.
- Taking care of my health – I never want to let myself get as sick as I did for the majority of the last quarter of 2011 – but without the major stress of the past 18 months I can’t see me getting that run down again.
- Loosing Weight – I know it’s a cliched resolution but I think loosing weight will help all of my other goals
- Being sociable – I have avoided making friends for the past 3 years and it’s about time I get to know some people who live close to me instead of hours away.
- Write more – not just reviews and not just on my blog. I need to finish up some other writing projects and will hopefully have more opportunities to work with magazines like Cosmopolitan and Cleo.
- Work more – I hope to extend my passion for sex toys further into my offline life. I’d love to host sex toy parties if I could find a company with a half decent catalogue, or even better working in an actual bricks and mortar store – now that would be awesome!!
- Take time for myself – just some time for my soul to breathe and for my heart to completely disengage from all the failed relationships that it’s hurting over so that it can heal and be whole, ready for when I do meet someone worthy of it.
- Finally I want to finish the long overdue new theme for my blog.
3. What New Year’s resolutions did you make last year?
I resolved to write a review a week and be included in every edition of pleasurists, to review for at least one Australian manufacturer or retailer. I wanted to get my whole tribunal dealt with and finally let go of some of my sexual inhibitions.
4. Think of three of those resolutions, from last year. How did you do in keeping them?
I did fail at the review a week and being featured in every edition of pleasurists, but all of the others I achieved. I just hope that the same happens with this years resolutions.
5. What was your most memorable sexual happening/experience in 2011?
Well there was the one night when I broke my sexual drought – that was god damn awesome. As were the two times this year that I got to see -B – one of which resulted in my sex confession story featured in Cosmo’s January 2012 issue, and the other I’m working on writing up…. but both times were mind blowing.
Bonus: What was your most memorable experience (activity, event, etc.) in 2011?
I can’t reminisce about 2011 without thinking of finally winning my tribunal appeal against Centrelink (Thank Jude), but by far THE biggest, bestest experience of the year was my trip to QLD to see Foo Fighters AND Tenacious D with my son, -B and the guy who was once the love of my life1 . It was the best experience of the past 2 years, one I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. Standing in a Mosh Pit with Dave Grohl right in front of me and having -B & the rockstar felt so surreal. It is a situation I would’ve dreamed about as a teenager and never ever would’ve believed it could happen – but it did, I was standing in my own wet (& very sweaty) dream.
If 2012 contains half as much joy as that one night I will be one incredibly happy woman.
- I think I’ve referred to him as the rock star once or twice before [↩]